What's BOTOX® Cosmetic?
BOTOX® Cosmetic is purified botulinum toxin, type A (BTA). There are multiple brands of botulinum toxin A, i.e. Dysport®, but BOTOX® Cosmetic remains the most recognized brand.
When small amounts of BTA are properly injected into the facial muscles, something amazing starts to happen. Muscluar contraction that causes wrinkles on the forehead, between the eyebrows and all around the eyes start to relax and wrinkles start to vanish. Results are noticeable in 3-7 days with the maximum effect noted at 2 weeks. Results typically last for 4-5 months. The most common side effects include mild discomfort at the injection site and possible bruising (see Details for full prescribing information).
How Does It Work?
Botulinum toxin, type A works by blocking the release of acetylcholine from nerve endings. This neurotransmitter normally causes the adjacent muscle to contract. By blocking its release, physicans are able to relax these muscles and soften or erase wrinkles. Over time, your body will breakdown and eliminate the medication allowing the wrinkles to return to their original appearance. Retreatment with BTA can done to maintain your youthful appearance when necessary.
Points to Consider
- All treatments are performed by our board-certified, Harvard-fellowship trainined eye surgeon. We never shuffle you off to an assistant.
- Consultations are FREE and there is no pressure or obligation to buy anything. We offer all treated patients a 2 week follow-up at no cost.
- We only use BOTOX® Cosmetic from Allergan, Inc. Unlike some clinics, we do not dilute the medication.
- We'll never attempt to sign you up for "pre-paid," V.I.P. Botox® /Fillers Clubs that charge you astronomical prices for product you'll never use.
- We continue to offer one of the most competitive price menus for facial aesthetics in Texas. $9/Unit for 20 units or more and $10/Unit for less than 20 units (our prices are better than most Daily Deal sites, i.e. Groupon®, LivingSocial®).
Who Should Not Be Treated
BOTOX® Cosmetic should NOT be used:
- in the presence of infection at the proposed injection site(s)
- in individuals with known hypersensitivity to any ingredient in the formulation or albumin (egg whites)
- in patients with neuromuscular disorders such as ALS, myasthenia gravis or Lambert-Eaton syndrome
- pregnant women or women who are nursing
For full prescribing information, click the "Details" button above.